August 4, 2009

Puppy Mill Awareness Day is September 19th

Mark your calendars for this year's Puppy Mill Awareness Day event at the Medfield Animal Shelter. This year Puppy Mill Awareness Day is on Saturday, September 19th. We will be joining groups nationwide to mourn for the dogs trapped in the brutal pet trade that supplies pet stores with puppies, to celebrate each and every rescue dog and to spread the word about the greed, cruelty and deception of puppy mills. We will be posting more details about the event as the time gets closer. If you would like to educate yourself about puppy mills or learn more about the national event, visit this website: www.awarenessday.org.

Here are some photos from last year's event which featured a talent contest and an adopted dog parade. Many dogs that were adopted from our shelter attended and it was wonderful to see them all with their families.




1 comment:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Betty

    http://smallpet.info

    ReplyDelete